We are looking for an experienced Product Designer who will be involved in every aspect of the product development process from creating the experience of new features, to the craft and finish of every detail in the product. We appreciate designers who think deeply, speak clearly, and love collaboration and feedback.
Your competency profile:
- Passion for learning languages and helping people to learn faster.
- Highly interested in learning user psychology, habitual patterns and human motivation.
- Strong communication skills in English and ability to explain your design decisions (C1+ is required).
- Ability to lead the team in the absence of a product manager.
- Strong copywriting skills.
- Excellent skills in user interviewing and usability testing.
- Multiple research techniques and empathy over visionary.
- Simplicity and lean approach is the part of the DNA.
- Deep understanding of data-informed experimenting culture, techniques and tools.
- Understanding HCD methodology.
- Exceptional high-fidelity prototyping skills.
- Cross-platform design experience with mobile-first approach.
- Successful collaborative experience in building visual design systems.
- Online portfolio is required.
- Work with data collected from behavior metrics, user testing, and market analysis to create user-centered designs.
- Ability to define and improve problem points of the existing user experience.
- Actively participate in the research process (interviews, hotjar, data analysis etc.) that leads to understanding real customer problems.
- Efficiently simplify all the product scenarios.
- Achieve statistically significant improvements in user retention through continuous AB-testing (user flows, copy, etc.).
- Make sure that the retention experience is fully consistent with the other product flows.
- Deliver outstanding experience compared to the main competitors.
- An opportunity to lead a worldwide educational product and build the global brand in online tutoring space.
- Personal and professional growth driven by a strong team, supportive world-class investors (including the Booking.com co-founder), and interesting challenges to build the global leader.
- Friendly, open, dynamic and international working environment.
- Company, where your opinion will be highly valued and appreciated.
- Enthusiastic team with no bureaucracy and corporate stuff.
- Flexible working conditions to support your personal needs.
- Strong financial package to live a great life and keep saving.
About Preply (preply.com)
A marketplace for in-home and online tutoring. Preply is a fast growing IT product company at an early stage of development, backed by Europe’s most prominent investors. 90+ people are currently working on building a global human-to-human online tutoring marketplace with locations in Kyiv and Berlin.
Our team of more than 15+ nationalities onboard works in squads and practises continuous scaling. We offer remote working days and possibility to use our platform for studying. We challenge each other to learn more and faster, while promoting creative power and free will. Personal growth, friendly and hierarchy-free atmosphere is guaranteed!
We generate trust within and are able to make real impact on the company. Openness, high-speed and global mindset are the main characteristics of our people. Our goal is to make Preply a leading platform in online tutoring and inspire people from all over the world to learn faster!